· Admit your failing. Cover-ups and lying will never recover trust; but will make matters much, much worse.
· Apologize. Confession is good for the soul.
· Ask for forgiveness. You may not get it, but you must ask.
· Accept the responsibility. Do not blame others. Remember that words are cheap.
· Make restitution. As much as possible, mend what you broke.
· Realize what you do not control. You cannot make people trust you again.
· Realize what you do control. You alone control your trust- worthiness from today forward.