Volunteer opportunities: Uptown is looking for volunteers. Duties of the volunteers include: greeting and assisting clients, distributing mail, answering phones and taking messages. You or your team can volunteer for a shift once per week, once every other week or as a substitute for other volunteers. Please stop by the community service center at 4101 B 30th Street, and ask to fill out a new volunteer information form. You can also send an email of introduction to the Operations Coordinator, Fiona Mitchell, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Donations of items for the thrift store: Due to the upcoming closure of the thrift store on 5th Avenue, we are currently unable to accept any more donations. If you are able to hold onto your items, please bear us in mind for the future as we evaluate our options. Thank you!
In-kind donations: Uptown needs donations of clean used men’s and women’s clothing, hygiene supplies and non-perishable food.
- shoes: street/dress, sneakers or sandals
- pants, shorts
- shirts and t-shirts
- dress shirts (for job interviews)
- hats or ball caps
- jackets and sweaters (for the cooler months)
- face clothes, or small hand/wash towels
- Kleenex or similar face tissue (small sizes)
- Band-Aids or similar small bandages
- adult diapers
Food that is Non-perishable/canned or packaged):
- Protein sources (meat, tuna fish, stews, beans, etc)
- Fruit and Vegetable sources (of any kind)
- Soups, especially chunky soups
All donated items can be dropped off at the community service center on 30th Street between 9am and 3pm, Monday thru Friday.
Thank you for your donations and service in helping our neighbors!