- HAV is usually transmitted by touching objects or eating food that someone with HAV infection handled. Having sex with someone who has a HAV infection.
- The most effective deterrent is to wash your hands with soap and water.
- Symptoms include fever, fatigue, nausea, loss of appetite, yellowing of the eyes (jaundice), stomach pain, vomiting, dark urine, pale stools, and diarrhea.
- Hepatitis A can be prevented with a safe and effective vaccine.
Michelle Smith from the San Diego Rescue Mission provided our September Member Spotlight. Michelle brought greetings from the Rescue Missions new CEO Donnie Dee who began in July. Did you know that the Rescue Mission offers more than recovery programs? The SDRM provides in-depth programs from toddlers to recuperative care services.
- Emergency Shelter for Women and Children
- Children's Center Preschool
- Outpatient Therapy Clinic
- Recuperative Care Unit
- Alumni Aftercare